Monday, August 22, 2011

Saturday is a Special Day

Most Saturdays are quite busy for me. Wake up at 8:00 to play basketball, then there's always something to work on at the house; the water heater, remodeling the bathroom, spraying for crickets, sealing the shower, working on the yard... And after that there's grocery shopping or chores (there's always laundry), preparing my Sunday School lesson for church, or watching Trey so Shirley can get other things done. And then, well, I'm a social guy and like to visit with friends or have company over... So even in the off-season, there's not much time for anything.

But come next Saturday, chores will be put off, house projects will get done on week nights, basketball will end a little earlier, and if friends want to hang out, they better like watching football. Saturday, is a special day. Much to my wife's chagrin, yes, Saturday is a special day. Last year it didn't hit me until the very first Saturday of college football. But this year... I'm feeling it.

I happened to have a couple free hours last Saturday, and I spent most the time trying to find the remote (we don't watch a lot of tv in our house). All I wanted to do was turn on the tv and find some football. Now I knew it wouldn't be on, but I was ready for it. I passed a little time sitting on the couch just as if I was watching Michigan or Miami on a Saturday at noon... It was nice. And I can't wait.

So here's to 9 days left...


1 comment:

Tony said...

A week and a half! Btw I love the Michigan reference! Go Blue!